Automated Instagram Publishing is live on ContentCal
12th February 2021
It’s never been easier to manage Instagram publishing workflows with ContentCal. You can now automatically publish Instagram image and video posts directly from the ContentCal platform.
Over the last few years, our most requested feature has been to simplify the process of posting to Instagram via ContentCal with direct integration, and it’s finally happened. This is a feature request that our product and tech teams have been trying to find a solution to for years, but due to Instagram’s closed API (don’t worry we won’t bore you with the techy bits) it hasn’t been possible - until now!
With just a few, super simple migration steps, existing ContentCal customers can start publishing directly to Instagram today.
This new automated Instagram publishing feature completely negates the need for any additional publishing steps. Zapier integrations are no longer required and there is no need for any extra publishing tools. ContentCal just became the one-stop-shop for direct publishing to all the main social channels. And we’re pretty excited about it!
So excited in fact, we are launching an exclusive Instagram content series to help you build an amazing Instagram strategy, maximize returns from the platform, identify your Instagram audience and create compelling, relevant content that showcases your brand, product and/or service.
Alongside our ongoing commitment to constantly evolve ContentCal in line with the requirements of our ever-growing customer base, we also focus on helping customers reap the rewards from all the features and opportunities that social channels offer. And there has never been a better time to embrace Instagram.
Owned by parent company Facebook, Instagram has over 1 billion users, of which 500m visit the platform on a daily basis, and it encompasses a variety of ways to share content:
- Posts - images are published to a ‘grid’ on a long term basis, with captions that allow followers to comment and interact
- Stories - for sharing transitional images, videos or text posts that disappear after 24 hours, and only allow direct messages in response
- IGTV (Instagram Television) - the space for publishing longer-form videos that can be saved onto your page
- Reels - short-form 15 second videos that can also remain on your page
- Swipe Up links - designed for e-commerce businesses to encourage shopping directly from Instagram, or service businesses to direct viewers to their website
- Instagram adverts - paid promotions that target relevant audiences
Such variety creates the ideal landscape for businesses of any size to thrive, providing their Instagram marketing plan gets the right message, in front of the right person, at the right time. That’s exactly what we're going to help you do over the next six weeks. Make sure you subscribe to ContentCal emails and watch this space for the first Instagram content installment.