Troubleshooting Instagram post failures
If you're experiencing post failures when attempting to auto-publishing to Instagram, then this is the guide for you.
Instagram auto-publishing post failures usually occur for one of two reasons. We'll be covering two methods of troubleshooting to counteract both of these causes.
Checking the ContentCal app settings within your Facebook Business Integrations
Switching your Instagram account to a personal profile, and then converting it back to an Instagram business account
Good for troubleshooting connection issues between Facebook and ContentCal
- Head to Facebook
- Go to 'Settings & Privacy' and then 'Settings'
- Go to 'Business Integrations' (If you have migrated to the new Facebook Pages Experience you will need to go 'Security and Login' and then 'Business Integrations' from here)
- Find the ContentCal integration (Should be named ContentCal) and select to 'View and edit'
- Within the window that pops up, you need to ensure that all Facebook pages and Instagram profiles are ticked in ALL sections. Once done select 'save' - If you don’t see any individual Pages listed here, it means that you’ve previously granted ContentCal permissions to access all Pages. In this case, you'll need to skip to step 7.
- Once done, head back into ContentCal and go to the 'Setup' area within 'Publish' and refresh your Instagram connection. (Note: You must refresh via a Facebook profile that has Admin permissions over the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account)
- If you are still having trouble (such as if you see an error), or if you didn't see any individual Pages in step 5, you'll now need to remove ContentCal from the Business Integrations within Facebook entirely. You can do this by heading back into Business Integrations within Facebook and selecting 'Remove' beside the ContentCal app. (A dialogue box will appear - do not tick the box that asks to delete all posts, photos, and videos)
- Once done, head back into ContentCal and refresh your Instagram connection again. Do note that you will also need to refresh the connection for any Facebook and Instagram pages connected through this Facebook profile from any of your Calendars.
How to switch your Instagram account to a personal profile and then reconvert to an Instagram business account
Good for troubleshooting issues with your Instagram account
Converting your Instagram account to a personal profile
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to 'Settings'
- Select 'Account'
- Select 'Switch to personal account', and then 'Switch to professional' to confirm
- Your Instagram account should now be a personal profile
Follow the steps in this guide to convert your Instagram account to an Instagram Business Account.
Once complete, head back into ContentCal and go to the 'Setup' area within 'Publish' to refresh your Instagram connection.
And then you should be all set to freely auto-publish your content to Instagram!
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by any post failures. If you require further guidance on any of the above steps, please don't hesitate to reach out by using the live chat in your account, or by emailing email@example.com
← Previous article
🔍 Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Email us with your questions, or get in touch with us via the live chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of the ContentCal web app screen.Message us